Vitamins & Minerals
At Popeye’s Supplements we offer a wide variety of Multivitamins as well as individual Vitamin and Mineral products so you are sure to find the right one for you!
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients that are required by the body in small amounts to maintain normal physiological functions. Here are some examples of vitamins and minerals and their functions in the body:
- Vitamin A: Important for vision, immune function, and skin health.
- Vitamin C: Essential for immune function, collagen synthesis, and antioxidant activity.
- Vitamin D: Important for bone health, immune function, and regulation of calcium absorption.
- Vitamin E: A potent antioxidant that helps to protect against oxidative stress and may have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Vitamin K: Important for blood clotting and bone health.
- Calcium: Essential for bone health and muscle function.
- Iron: Important for oxygen transport in the blood and energy production.
- Magnesium: Important for muscle and nerve function, bone health, and energy production.
- Zinc: Important for immune function, wound healing, and protein synthesis.
- Selenium: A potent antioxidant that may help to protect against oxidative stress and support immune function.
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are a concern in America, particularly among certain populations. Here are some examples of common vitamin and mineral deficiencies in America:
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is common in the United States, especially among people with limited sun exposure, older adults, and people with darker skin. Vitamin D is important for bone health and immune function. About 42% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is more common in women than men, particularly women of reproductive age, and can lead to anemia, fatigue, and other health problems. Up to 15% of American Women of reproductive age are deficient in Iron.
- Calcium: Many Americans do not consume enough calcium, which can lead to weak bones and an increased risk of fractures. One study suggested that 43% of Americans of deficient in Calcium.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 deficiency is more common among older adults and vegans, and can lead to anemia and nervous system damage. It is estimated that as much as 20% are borderline deficient in Vitamin B12.
- Folate: Folate deficiency can lead to anemia and other health problems. Pregnant women are particularly at risk for folate deficiency. It is estimated that 10% of Americans are deficient in Folate.
- Magnesium: Many Americans do not consume enough magnesium, which can lead to muscle weakness, fatigue, and other health problems. Upwards of 48% of Americans do not meet the daily recommended intake of Magnesium.
A multivitamin is a great option for someone looking for a product that contains a combination of vitamins and minerals. They are designed to provide a convenient way to ensure that you are getting all the essential nutrients that your body needs on a day to day basis to function optimally. At Popeye’s we have a multivitamin for every type of person and every type of goal. From Performance Packs, to 50+ Multi Vitamins, Active Men and Women Vitamins and even Prenatal and Children’s Multis.
Individual Vitamins and Minerals are a great option for anyone looking to help the body in a more specific way. For instance, if you are currently dealing with an increased amount of stress supplementing with Magnesium is a great way to help combat the effects of stress while improving quality of sleep, muscle and nerve function as well as energy production. If you are noticing a decline in energy supplementing with additional B-Vitamins may be a great option to improve carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism, helping to increase energy.
Some great options for Vitamins, Minerals and Multivitamins include:
- Magnum Primer Pack, offering a combination of Vitamins, Minerals, Electrolytes, Brain Support Nutrients and Essential Fatty Acids. A great all in one pack, also available in a Popeye’s Value Size for Best-In-Class cost per serving
- ATP Total Defence, is an extremely high quality multivitamin sourcing only the best ingredients in effective doses. Total Defence also offers multiple patented ingredients including TRAACS and Covi-Ox, also available in a Popeye’s Value Size for Best-In-Class cost per serving.
- ATP SynerZinc, offering one of the best well rounded Zinc supplements on the market today. Utilizing the patented form of Zinc, OptiZinc, as well as Zinc Monomethionine, Zinc Glycinate and additional Copper. Taking copper supplements along with zinc supplements is important because the two minerals can compete with each other for absorption in the body. Zinc can reduce the absorption of copper, and high levels of zinc supplementation over a long period of time can lead to copper deficiency.
- ATP SynerMag, offering one of the best well rounded Magnesium supplements on the market today. Utilizing the patented form of Magnesium Glycinate, TRAACS, Magnesium Malate Taurine and Vitamin B6.