Whey Protein Isolate
At Popeye’s Supplements we offer a wide variety of Whey Protein Isolates, all unique in their own way, so you are sure to find the right one for you!
What is it?
Whey Protein Isolate is the purest form of whey available. It is made by separating the Whey Protein from the Milk and other components. This is typically done through a process of microfiltration, or ultrafiltration, which involves passing they whey through a series of filters to help remove impurities and concentrate the protein. The result is a powdered whey that is extremely high in protein, low in fat and lactose. Typically, this process results in a powder that is 90% protein by weight. Additionally, the highest quality Whey Protein Isolate involves a cold processing method which prevents the whey protein from becoming denatured or damaged due to heat.
Whey Protein Isolate is a great option if you are looking for a product to increase your daily total protein intake without impacting fat or carbohydrate intake. It is also a great option for those who are sensitive to lactose, as majority of it is removed during the isolating process. At Popeye’s Supplements we also have Isolate options that include lactase, an enzyme that helps to break down milk sugar (lactose).
Some of the benefits of whey protein isolate include:
- High Protein Content: Whey protein isolate contains a high amount of protein, making it an excellent option for individuals looking to increase their protein intake.
- Fast Absorption: Whey protein isolate is rapidly absorbed by the body, which makes it a good option for post-workout recovery.
- Supports Muscle Growth and Repair: Whey protein isolate is rich in essential amino acids, which are critical for muscle growth and repair.
- Supports Weight Management: Whey protein isolate can help support weight management by reducing hunger and increasing feelings of fullness.
- Boosts Immune System: Whey protein isolate is a good source of immunoglobulins, which are proteins that play a role in boosting the immune system.
- Gluten-Free: Whey protein isolate is naturally gluten-free, making it a suitable option for individuals with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Lactose-Free: Many individuals who are lactose intolerant can tolerate whey protein isolate because it contains very little lactose.
Whey Protein Isolate is the right choice for you if:
- You are sensitive to lactose and want to increase protein intake without negatively impacting digestion.
- You want the purest form of whey protein available.
- You want a quick digesting protein.
- You want a low caloric impact option that is high in protein but low in fat and carbohydrates.
Some great options include:
- PVL Iso Gold, containing 27g of Protein per scoop, digestive enzymes and probiotics for improved digestion. Also available in an exclusive 6lb tub for best-in-class cost per serving!
- Beyond Yourself Isolatecontaining WPI90 (90% Protein), 26g of Protein per scoop and is also gluten free sugar free, banned substance free, with an amazing flavor and available in an exclusive 6lb tub for best-in-class cost per serving!
- ISO XP, containing 25g of New Zealand Whey Isolate per scoop, Probiotics and zero artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. An exclusive to Popeye’s Supplements in British Columbia.