At Popeye’s Supplements we offer a wide variety of Creatine supplements, all unique in their own way so you will be sure to find the right one for you!
Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that is often found in supplement form as Creatine Monohydrate. Creatine is a very popular supplement among athletes and bodybuilders for a very good reason.
Creatine works by increasing the amount of creatine phosphate in the body, which is used to help produce ATP, the main energy source for muscle contractions. Research shows that creatine supplementation may have benefits with regards to muscle growth, recovery and even brain function.
Here are some of the different types:
- Creatine monohydrate: This is the most widely used and studied form of creatine. It is a simple and affordable form of creatine that is typically mixed with water or another beverage.
- Creatine ethyl ester: This form of creatine is said to be more easily absorbed by the body than creatine monohydrate, but research has shown mixed results in terms of its effectiveness.
- Buffered creatine: This form of creatine, also known as Kre-Alkalyn, is said to be more stable and less likely to break down into creatinine, a waste product that can potentially cause side effects.
- Micronized creatine: This form of creatine is created by grinding the creatine monohydrate into a fine powder, which may increase its solubility and absorption in the body.
- Creatine hydrochloride: This form of creatine is said to be more easily absorbed by the body than creatine monohydrate, but there is limited research on its effectiveness.
The potential benefits of creatine supplementation may include:
- Increased strength and power: Creatine supplementation has been shown to increase muscle strength and power, particularly in high-intensity, short-duration activities like weightlifting or sprinting.
- Improved muscle mass: Creatine supplementation may also promote increases in muscle mass and size, potentially by increasing protein synthesis and reducing muscle breakdown.
- Enhanced endurance: Some studies suggest that creatine supplementation may also improve endurance, particularly in activities that involve repeated high-intensity efforts, such as interval training or team sports.
- Neuroprotective effects: Creatine may also have neuroprotective effects and may be beneficial for individuals with certain neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease.
Some great options include:
- EFX Kre Alkalyn, a buffered form of Creatine. It is more stable then Creatine Monohydrate which makes it less likely to break down into creatinine, a waste product that can potentially cause side effects.
- PVL Creatine, a basic Creatine Monohydrate that offers a great bang for your buck and is also informed choice tested!
- Magnum BIG C contains a blend of 4 different creatine sources. Chelated Creatine, Creatine Hydrochloride, Creatine Monohydrate and Creatine Alpha-Ketoglutarate. This product also includes ingredients designed to help increase the absorption of the creatine!
- ATP MyoPrime. Unlike any other Creatine product, MyoPrime offers 3g of Creatine Monohydrate, 2g of Creatine MagnaPower (Chelated) as well as HMB and Peak ATP!