At Popeye’s Supplements we offer a wide variety of Carbohydrate supplements, all unique in their own way so you are sure to find the right one for you!
What is it?
Supplemental Carbohydrates are typically fast digesting and require little no effort from the body to break down and absorb. One benefit of Carbohydrate Supplements is that they are quickly absorbed and transported to the muscles, providing a rapid source of energy during training, with minimal gastrointestinal distress. Another benefit is that it may help to spare glycogen stores during exercise, which can help delay fatigue and improve performance. Additionally, when taken post workout they are assimilated into the muscles very quickly increasing protein and amino acid uptake into the muscle promoting improved recovery.
One of the main sources of Carbohydrates that are in the Products that Popeye’s Supplements sells is cluster dextrin. Cluster Dextrin is made by breaking down amylopectin, a component of starch, and then reassembling it in a high branched and compact structure. It is designed to be rapidly absorbed and transported to the muscles where it can be used as a source of fuel. It is a great option pre or intra to help with energy or post workout to help improve recovery.
Karbolyn is another patented source of Carbohydrates that Popeye’s Supplements sells. It is a type of carbohydrate that is derived from cornstarch. It is also designed to be quickly absorbed making it a great option for pre or intra workout to help improve energy or post workout to help improve recovery. Studies have shown that Karbolyn has a very small impact on blood sugar levels preventing any sort of crash in energy.
Here are some of the key benefits:
- Increased energy: Carbohydrates are the body's preferred source of energy, and consuming carbohydrate powders before or during exercise can help support energy production and improve performance.
- Enhanced recovery: Consuming carbohydrate powders after exercise can help replenish glycogen stores in the muscles and support muscle recovery and repair.
- Convenience: Carbohydrate powders are easy to mix and consume, making them a convenient option for individuals who need to quickly increase their carbohydrate intake.
- Customizable: Carbohydrate powders come in a variety of types and flavors, allowing individuals to choose the type and amount of carbohydrates that best meet their needs and preferences.
- Increased endurance: Consuming carbohydrate powders during endurance exercise, such as long-distance running or cycling, can help delay fatigue and improve endurance performance.
Carbohydrate Supplements are right for you if:
- You are looking to increase energy and endurance during long training sessions.
- You are looking to increase recovery from intense exercise.
- You are trying to gain weight and are looking for an easy way to add additional calories.
- You are looking for a supplement to take pre, intra or post workout to help increase overall performance and results.
- You participate in long distance endurance sports that require a steady intake of carbohydrates to ensure performance.
Some great options for Carbohydrate Supplements include:
- Karbolyn offering 50g of Carbohydrates per scoop and is available in a Popeye’s Exclusive 5.28lb tub offering best-in-class cost per serving!
- CarbHD offering 15g of Cluster Dextrin and 10g of Pea Starch per scoop as well as added Coconut Water for increased hydration.
- ATP Penta Carb offering 26g of Carbohydrates per scoop coming from Potato, Cluster Dextrin, Waxy Maize and Rice as well as added Beet Root powder and electrolytes.